Cerebral palsy is a difficult physical condition that any person could be born with. The condition causes the improper development of muscles and will directly impact body movement and muscle coordination. This all comes as the brain as not developed as well as it should be.
The greatest concern surrounding cerebral palsy is that it is a physical issue that might develop due to negligence or a lack of care on a hospital’s or doctor’s part. This comes as the child’s brain may be damaged during the most important parts of its life as the child develops. Sometimes the brain may be harmed in pre-birth situations.
The ways how cerebral palsy may be caused include such concerns as the following:
- An unborn baby may not be treated appropriately by a hospital. A group may fail to identify issues within the womb during an ultrasound or other review of the child’s development.
- The birthing process could entail the doctor or other parties being rough on the child. This could result in traumatic injuries to the brain when it is at its most vulnerable.
- The care process after birth could not be handled appropriately. The child might not get the breathing support one needs. This could cause the brain to develop incorrectly depending on how it is handled.
The threat of cerebral palsy can be a significant concern. The effects of this condition can go well beyond improper bodily development:
- The expenses associated with taking care of a child who has developed cerebral palsy can be extensive. These include expenses relating to physical training and other concerns.
- Many expenses may also come with acquiring the items needed to support a child’s mobility. These expenses can last throughout the child’s life.
- The lack of a child’s development could impact that person’s ability to earn a living as an adult. Damages may be sought as a result of such problems that a child might enter into as a result of the injury in question.
- Many children who develop cerebral palsy may also develop epilepsy. Some children also develop mental conditions that may be on the autism spectrum. These problems can make it harder for the child to develop accordingly and to be fully mentally functional.
The damages that can come about as a result of cerebral palsy can be significant. Proper legal representation is needed to help a family with receiving the coverage and support that it needs in any case. The appropriate care and support for a case is a necessity for ensuring that a family can receive the appropriate legal support that it deserves for such a case that may be as difficult and hard to work with as this.
Cohen, Placitella, & Roth are available to help parents of children who have developed cerebral palsy with getting the justice that they deserve. The law firm can help represent parents of children who have been impacted by cerebral palsy and other brain-related injuries. Talk with the firm for additional details on how well a case may be represented.