Being a workaholic undoubtedly makes a person wealthy and helps him excel professionally but it takes a toll on his mental and physical health. At times it can lead to weight gain, backache, cervical or other issues that can ultimately jeopardize the professional life of the person. Ideally, a person should take out time from his hectic schedule and give time to self. Even one house of physical exercise and conscious breathing will help to de-stress and make the body flexible. But if your overactive lifestyle is making it difficult to take one hour off and go for a jog then these are proven hacks that will help you stay fit and healthy.
- Smart eating choices: Diet comprises of 70% of the weight loss programs and if it is followed religiously then anyone can shed off extra pounds. Portion control and home cooked food will help to get on a diet. If you are not a great cook then take help of diet books that can be availed from Bydiscountcodes. It will help you take a break from work and cook for yourself and also enjoy homemade food.
- Sitting exercises: Constantly working on a laptop or pc results in pain in lower back, rigidity and knee pain. But simple stretching exercise on the desk can help to stay active and flexible. One can do neck rotation sitting on the desk, stretch arms and touch feet, do alternate breathing and many other exercises that will help to tone down and become flexible.
- Proteins over empty carbs: Empty carbs do no good to the body except for giving taste and pleasure to the sensory organs. But is eventually increasing weight, leads to bloating and constipation in case of a sensitive stomach. Rather consume more proteins and sprouts that are a good source of nutrients and keeps the body energized.
- Combine chores with exercise: Do you go for weekly grocery shopping? Do you go to fetch milk daily? How about ditching the vehicle and walk? This simple replacement will help to lose weight, fill the lungs with fresh air and give you a much-needed break from work. Also, sitting one room or cabin whole day can reduce creativity and make one get frustrated easily. So go out observe take inspiration from nature.
- Short work breaks: Make a rule of 15 minutes break after every two hours of work. This will help to relax the mind and start fresh. Continuous working results in brain fog which can be detrimental in professional life.
- Detach from gadgets: Lastly, it is important to put a limit on the use of gadgets. Call it digital detoxification but it is important as it helps to relax and keep the gadgets away from the bed so that it waves does not affect the hormones and brainwaves.
To conclude, it is important to be mentally and physically fit especially when it comes to workaholics. So use these smart hacks and strike a perfect personal and work-life balance.