Granite worktops are a worthy investment for your home renovation project. They have unique and impressive qualities that showcase both the beauty and functionality of your kitchen. Below is all the information you need concerning granite worktops.
How they are made
Granite is mined in the form of large chunks of stone. The chunks have no uniform size or shape. They are then sliced into slabs and transported to the factory where they are polished to attain their unique appearance. They are stored as polished slabs until they are ordered for installation.
On order, these slabs are fabricated by professional installers, such as www.jrstone.co, who cut and shape the slabs into custom-made countertops. After inspection, they are transported to the site and installed in the kitchen, glued in place and cleaned to reveal a luxurious and gorgeous finish.
Where to get granite countertops
You can shop for granite countertops online. This will save you time and money. Limit yourself to companies around your geographic area and then settle for the fabricators that are operating professionally, have the right experience, and have good reviews.
Benefits of using granite countertops
- Granite countertops add value to your home and especially your kitchen. It transforms your kitchen, giving it a classy and gorgeous appearance.
- Granite countertops are also extremely durable. There is no other natural stone-based countertop harder and stronger than that made of granite. They do not scratch or chip easily and when sealed professionally they are water and stain resistant. This protective seal makes the countertops non-porous, reducing the chances of diseases as a result of bacterial infection.
- These countertops have a unique Every piece of the countertop has its one unique look. These naturally attained colours or patterns make your kitchen look amazingly special.
- Granite countertops are family-friendly as they are hard to break and therefore cannot injure the kids. You will not need to worry when the children are playing and experimenting with different recipes as these activities cannot cause damage to the countertop surface.
- Granite surfaces are flat and this eases the food preparation process. They are ideal for baking procedures and also other basic cooking processes. Also, they are heat resistant, so hot pans, and other hot kitchen items will not affect the countertops negatively.
- It is not a hard task to clean and maintain granite countertops. Wiping the surfaces using a piece of cloth with warm water regularly is enough. Also, wipe spills up immediately when you notice them.
With this information, you are better equipped to confidently remodel your home using granite worktops. Granite worktops are maintenance free, so do not shy away from spending on them, as you will only do it once, and you will enjoy the elegance that comes with using granite worktops in your home for a lifetime.
Leave a Reply