The subject of Search Engine Optimization can seem very confusing if you have little to no knowledge on the matter. The purpose of this article is to inform those who are running a business methods of creating SEO strategies and how using an SEO agency is of benefit to those who feel they need help or would like someone with experience in SEO to create a plan and run the SEO for them.
Identify your company’s strategic objectives
Most business owners or managers desire is to drive organic and genuine traffic to the website which eventually results in higher profits. Although it can get confusing if there are no clear SEO goals in place. This is why there are agencies around like Mechanised who are an SEO agency Manchester based. They offer help and clarity to those who are aspiring to gain a higher audience to their webpages.
SEO is also a relatively new digital marketing method and therefore, many people who work in business and because of this, it is often difficult to express the importance of using SEO to keep up with present day marketing strategies. So, to help to avoid negatively surrounding the idea of SEO you must evaluate your organisational objectives and use these to set SMART SEO goals.
Evaluate your target market and audience
SEO is a new marketing technique, so a marketing approach must be taken, and a target market must be established. Target markets have a major influence the decisions that you make for the company as you want to please your target market, so they will always be willing to purchase your products or services. For example, if your target market is primarily people over thirty years old the website needs to be clear and professional as people over thirty are usually professional and expect a high level of content and website usability. Equally, if you expert your target market to be over thirties but in reality, they are under thirties, then this is an indicator of who is enjoying your products and whether to consider catering your products more towards that age group.
Look into Keyword Research and Mapping
Once you have an understanding of the types of products and services you are selling and the demographics of people who you are selling to, you can begin your keyword research. However, be cautious that the more products or services you have, the longer and more challenging this process can be. If keywords are divided into categories, you have the opportunity to keep your research organised. Furthermore, once you the list has been completed, you should map the keywords out across your website. If you happen to be working with an larger sized website it will be of benefit and easier to look at one category at a time, which means, conduct keyword research for one type of product or service and map those keywords then move on to the corresponding category.
Do some research on your competitors
The next step is to do some research on the competitors within your market. The most simple method of this is to research who your top competitors are is to type your head keywords into Google and see who is at the top of the SERPs. Another, more advanced method you can use is with use of a competitor analytical tool such as Ahrefs. This software provides full backlink analysis, backlink growth over time, organic traffic by country, top performing content and featured snippets. It is really important to evaluate your findings, for example, if Competitor 1 ranks first for 90% of your services but Competitor 2 ranks first for the other 10%. What does Competitor 2 do differently from Competitor 1 for that 10%? At this point of planning, you analyse further than page titles and text. It is beneficial to produce an analysis of the entire website experience from a consumer’s perspective.
Utilise each of those methods to help to create your SEO strategy
Lastly, you have the opportunity to combine the information you have learned from this article. Now is the perfect time to consider running an SEO audit. If the audit reveals that the website lacks basic SEO, don’t beat yourself up about it. Your present priority is still to achieve the goals set out from the beginning of your plan. So, it is better to begin with one of those. For example, perhaps your company has launched a new service or product but it isn’t ranking for any relevant keywords. Select your target market for that service or product and proceed to gather your keywords for that category and start comparing your pages to your competitors’ within your market, listing the recommendations as you go on.
Leave a Reply