In order to simplify decluttering and cleaning your home, simply continue reading to discover a few handy decluttering and cleaning tips.
Declutter and cleaning tips for the home:
- Focus on decluttering one room at a time, instead of trying to declutter your entire house in one weekend
If you try to declutter your entire home in a single weekend you may become overwhelmed by the challenge before you. So it’s well worth trying to declutter one room in your house per week, which will seem like a far more manageable task. If you’re keen you may want to start off by tackling one of the smaller rooms in your house such as a guest bedroom.
- Place all the items which you plan to donate to a charity store in boxes, to avoid changing your mind
Once you’ve identified items which you no longer use and are quite happy to donate to your local charity store, place each item in a large box. Once your box is filled take it straight to your local charity store, to avoid dipping back into your box to take items out. As you may be tempted to keep items which you don’t need if you have difficulty decluttering.
- Use a steam mop to thoroughly sanitize your kitchen and bathroom floors
Even if your bathroom and kitchen floors look clean, it’s a great idea to use a steam mop to sanitize your bathroom and kitchen floors to get rid of bacteria which can’t be seen by the human eye. In order to keep your floors sanitized it’s well worth using a steam mop to clean your bathroom and kitchen floors once a month.
- Hire a steam-powered carpet cleaner in order to remove dirt and stains from your carpets
If you’d love your home’s carpet to look brand new again, simply hire a cleaner who specializes in carpet cleaning in Canberra to effectively remove unsightly dirt and stains from your home’s carpets.
- Make sure to vacuum your sofa as well as your carpets
If you want to keep your sofa in pristine condition, make sure to use the furniture cleaning attachment which came with your vacuum cleaner to vacuum your sofa on a weekly basis.
- Use a knife wrapped in a microfiber cleaning cloth in order to clean air vents
If you put off cleaning your air vents, as you don’t know how to go about cleaning your air vents, simply wrap a butter knife in a microfiber cleaning cloth in order to clean between each air vent.
- Clean your dishwasher with bleach, baking soda, and vinegar
If you don’t clean your dishwasher on a regular basis and are looking for a simple, fuss-free way to clean your dishwasher simply empty your dishwasher and run a cycle with bleach, baking soda, and vinegar. After which your dishwasher will be spotless.
- Use a paintbrush in order to clean out your toaster
To clean out your toaster simply use a paintbrush to remove crumbs from your toaster.
If you use the handy tips listed above to clean your home, you shouldn’t have any trouble keeping your house looking immaculate.
Leave a Reply