Today, homeowners opt for tankless water heaters. It is because it is hyper-efficient, long-lasting, and conveniently sized. It also reduces the amount of energy consumed by households every day. However, the quality of water a person acquires highly depends on the performance and lifespan of this water heater. The prime enemy of all the appliances, the scale chokes the heating element and destroys the unit. That is why having a tankless water heater filter is relatively significant.
Let’s learn more reasons for installing this filter in detail.
Why Install a Tankless Water Heater Filter?
When you invest in a tankless water heater, you not only save energy costs and eliminate long waits for hot water but also last longer if maintained properly. The heater loses its efficiency when the scale forms along with the heating element within the heater. Therefore, when a person put the effort into acquiring hot water, the heating elements heat up the calcified scale that causing them to expend extraneous efforts. It also makes the transfer of heat within the heater relatively arduous, thereby forcing the unit to work harder to achieve the optimal temperature range. This way, the heater goes through a significant strain, which inevitably causes the heater to fail far sooner than its expected lifespan.
Moreover, it reverses the motive behind installing the heater. It means that the heater loses its energy-saving characteristics when coated in scale. This type of heater is also vulnerable to hard waters. It means that when hard water is heated, the calcium and magnesium emerge as scale quite fast. That is why homeowners need to acquire filters for the heater.
A tankless water heater filter is efficient in protecting the water heater from getting damaged. It inhibits the accumulation of scale that clogs the restricts flow rate, reduces the efficiency of the heater, and over time causes severe damage, and eventually destroys the heater. It also eliminates calcium and magnesium from the water, thereby preventing scale build-ups and preserving the heater’s lifespan.
How to Install Tankless Water Heater?
A tankless water heater filter is generally installed against the side of the house. To install the filter, it is essential to follow the steps given below:
● The plywood panel is attached to the wall near the entry point, and the mounting brackets of the filter are fastened up.
● The outlet fitting’s thread is then wrapped using Teflon tape and secured to the outlet side of the filter. The inlet side contains an adapter.
● The Teflon is again used in threaded fitting, and for tightening it up to the adapter.
● The cold water pipes are then cut, and the edges are cleaned.
● Next, the filter housing is mounted to the wall bracket.
● Lastly, a bare copper grounding wire is attached between the house side of the filter to the water meter side, which ensures the connection is grounded.
Hence, it is important to install a filter for a tankless water heater. Because it not only improves the quality of the water but also the performance of the heater.
Leave a Reply