Chikmagalur is one of the popular destinations in Karnataka, India because it covers several attractions to tourists. The small hill station covers a wide range of beautiful places allowing visitors to enjoy a trip with family and others. Moreover, it is an ideal weekend getaway for planning a short vacation or picnic. It is a perfect choice for those who want to celebrate honeymoon with their loved one. Another thing is that it enables tourists to perform trekking and other adventurous activities.
Those who plan a trip to the city should consider booking resorts for experiencing more excitement. Best resorts in Chikmagalur offer excellent amenities enabling tourists to ensure high level comforts while planning a trip. They involve different types and people should know more about them in detail letting tourists schedule a tour accordingly.
Important places to visit in Chikmagalur
1. Hebbe falls
Hebbe falls located 10 km away from Kemmangundi hill station is one of the must-see places in Chikmagalur. The waterfall is a sight for the sight eyes which falls from 250 feet high. Moreover, water is well-known for its healing properties due to the presence of herbal plants. Apart from that, the surrounding areas and the coffee plantation allow tourists to explore them while visiting the falls.
Mullayanagiriis one of the highest mountain peaks located in Chikmagalur at a height of 1930 meters above sea level. The mountain has a small temple that contains a small statue of TapasviMullappaSwamy. Furthermore, the cave situated at the top of the hills allows tourists to make a trip with others which are not so deep. It is an ideal one for those who want to perform trekking and other outdoor activities accordingly. Visitors can also find a Nandi Statue and other features on their way.
3. Bhadra wildlife sanctuary
Bhadra wildlife sanctuary located about 38 km west of the Chikmagalur town fulfils the expectations of tourists who love wild life. In fact, visitors can spot a variety of animals and birds in the sanctuary with ease. The forest department in the sanctuary even organizes both jeep and boat safari for tourists to know more about wild life in detail. In addition, the mesmerizing river Bhadra flows through this sanctuary which spread over an area of 490 km.
4. Kalhatti falls
Kalhatti falls located just 10 km from Kemmangundi hill station enables visitors to explore the natural beauty. Although the falls is not remarkably tall, the water flows over the Veerabhadra Temple which is right in front of the falls. The temple has 3 stone elephants and devotees believe that the water that cascades down at the entrance will cure skin ailments. Besides that, it is an ideal destination for trekking purposes allowing tourists to enjoy their trip with groups and others.
Travel tips to Chikmagalur
1. The best time to visit Chikmagalur is from October to June and tourists can plan their trip based on the choices. It is also the right time for carrying out trekking, hiking, and other outdoor activities.
2. Bangalore, Mysore, and Mangalore are the nearest airports located to the hill station. It is also well-connected by roads and train routes allowing tourists to reach the place without any difficulties.
3. It is advisable to take foods and bottled water while trekking on the mountains in Chikmagalur. Visitors should also wear safety accessories in order to avoid any unwanted issues.
4. Tourists should carry a medical kit along with their clothes when traveling to the place for managing minor health issues. In addition, they should consider wearing the right type of clothes on a trip for minimizing discomforts and other problems.
5. Visitors can hire cars and taxis when they want to navigate well in the Western Ghats that can help to explore many things.
6. There are several toll booths that lie on the roads to Chikmagalur and tourists should keep necessary changes while crossing them.
7. Kannada is the widely spoken in Chikmagalur tourists who don’t understand the language can hire tourist guide who speck Hindi or other languages.
8. Tourists should follow the rules and regulations strictly when they want to go for trekking on the mountains. They should also make sure that whether they need permission from the forest department before making a journey on the hills.
9. Since limited number of train options is available to Chikmagalur, it is a wise one to book the train tickets before a month in advance. This will help a lot to schedule a trip with family members and others without any hassles.
10. The place has a lot of accommodation options and visitors can choose the right one among them according to needs. Another thing is that they make feasible ways to enjoy the beauty of nature in a comfortable environment.
11. There are different types of packages offered by tour operators and tourists can evaluate them with special attention before scheduling a trip. This, in turn, gives ways to accomplish goals on a trip to witness complete satisfaction.
Where to stay in Chikmagalur?
The resorts in Chikmagalur provide modern amenities for tourists enabling them to enjoy their trip. They involve various types and people can know more details about them from reputed hotel websites for making a better decision. It is possible to compare the prices of resorts online that enable tourists to reserve a resort at estimated budgets.
On the other hand, it is advisable to read reviews of hotel websites before booking the rooms. A hotel website will guide tourists to know the latest updates of packages in detail enabling them to choose the best one. It is necessary to follow the instructions including terms and conditions while booking a resort online. Tourists can even get quotes from hotel a hotel website that can help to plan a trip depending on the needs. Satisfaction guarantee is the primary objective of most resorts while offering services to tourists and they even show ways to make the trip a memorable one.
Leave a Reply